Electricity Northwest buys network operations arm from United Utilities
- Labour: More than 500,000 of energy consumers losing out on compensation
- Decc admits it ‘should have more of a policy view’ on new technologies
- Wessex Water launches campaign against flushable wet wipes
- National Grid opens 2015/16 demand side balancing tender
- Total chief executive dies in plane crash
Electricity North West Limited which owns the north west's electricity network is to acquire United Utilities Electricity Services Limited (UUES) from United Utilities.
ENW said that by buying UUES, which is currently operates and maintains the network on its behalf, it would establish one group which owns, operates, manages and maintains its network.
The company said the purchase would allows it to address the challenges of Ofgem's latest price control and provide an efficient business structure. It promised to invest in local infrastructure and low carbon projects in the northwest. It would require new skill sets and would generate jobs in those areas of expertise.
Steve Johnson, CEO of Electricity North West, commented:
"This acquisition presents a great opportunity for Electricity North West and the north west of England. Incorporating our operations and maintenance contract into one business will reduce costs, improve efficiency and secure continued delivery of all services to customers in the region. We are already committed to a planned investment of Â£1bn over the next five years and by creating a single company we will be well placed to ensure the delivery of this vital infrastructure and support the move to a low carbon economy in the north west."
- Electricity North West takes steps to prepare public for power cuts Electricity North West has launched an awareness campaign to prepare its customers in case they suffer a power cut this...
- UU cuts planned totex by £370m in draft determination response United Utilities (UU) has cut its planned PR14 totex by £370 million in its response to Ofwat’s draft determination.
- UU trading in line with expectations United Utilities is trading in line with expectations, it told the stock market today.